Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies


I stole this recipe from wholegraingourmet.com and it's amazing, especially if you love peanut butter! I think I have made one batch every week for the past five weeks! I have yet to locate carob chips, so I have not tried the recipe yet with those--looking forward to it, though.

I now make one large packet of no sugar added/fat free chocolate pudding, and then crumble these cookies on top...it's heaven.

Ingredients:
Dry Stuff:
1/2 - 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
optional: 1 tsp cinnamon (I use about 2 tsp)

Moist Stuff:
1 1/4 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
1/2 cup liquid honey
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
optional: 1/3 - 1/2 cup chocolate or carob chips

Preparation:
1. Combine dry ingredients
2. Combine moist ingredients
3. Mix dry and moist ingredients together
4. Cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes
5. Drop teaspoons of batter onto lightly coated cookie sheet
6. Flatten with a fork (I've only made one batch where this was actually even possible for me to do!)
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes (I've never cooked them more than ten minutes, and I usually stick to eight minutes)

1 comment:

  1. Kate, the cookies look simple and delicious and are comprised of things we all have it our kitchen making them even more tempting. Keep pushing forward with your blog. It's not only a great share site but becomes a diary/journal of sorts! Good luck and have fun with it! Cookie

    ReplyDelete